Karachi-Thatta Dual Carriageway Project (From Ghaggar Phattak to Thatta Bypass)
Construction Of Karachi Thatta 4-Lane Dual Carriageway Project Between Ghaggar Phatak And Start Of Thatta Bypass (50 Kms), A Section Of National Highway (N-5) On Public Private Partnership / (Bot) Basis
CONSTRUCTION OF KARACHI THATTA 4-LANE DUAL CARRIAGEWAY PROJECT BETWEEN GHAGGAR PHATAK AND START OF THATTA BYPASS (50 KMS) A SECTION OF NATIONAL HIGHWAY (N-5) ON PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP / (BOT) BASIS
Location within Country:
Name of Employer:
Works & Services G.O.S and Karachi Thatta Construction And Management (Pvt) Ltd by FWO
HQ, Frontier Works Organization 509 Kashmir Road Rawalpindi.
Design Review Completed
Construction Supervision ongoing
Name of Associated Consultants, if any:
Professional Staff Provided by Company:
No. of Staff-Months:
Approx. Cost of Project:
Rs. 7,603 Million
Approx Value of Services:
Rs. 143.85 million
No. of Months of Professional Staff Provided by Associated Consultants:
Detail Narrative Description of the Project:
Government of Sindh has the intention to dualize the existing National Highway N-5 from Karachi to Thatta. The main objective of this Project is to enhance the road quality of existing N5 highway, which is, inter alia, the scope of this Project. However, the larger economic
benefit of this Project is linked with connecting this corridor from Thatta onwards to Mithi, taking it further down to Islamkot and Thar – carrying over all road length to 296 km.
The improved access envisaged would serve thousands of commuters living along the Karachi Thatta route and those who are already using this facility up to Thatta and/or beyond. It is also expected that the improved facility would help open up these areas for creation of soft infrastructure such as better services for schools and health centres as these areas would become easy reach through development of this plan.
Description of Actual Services Provided by the Firm:
TCI role as an Independent Engineer is responsible for of Highway, structure & providing qualified personnel & technical support during construction stage of project. To ensure efficient and timely execution of work, TCI provided competent full time IE staff on site whose duties are Quality Control through day to day inspection of methods, material and construction practices to enforce Quality, Budget and Schedule control over construction contract.
Design Review & Engineer services comprising of:
- Review and approve the adequacy of topographical surveys, geo-technical and sub-soil investigations, and hydrological investigation, geometric Design for the Project Highway and other structures Approval of Construction Drawings.
- Review and approve reports prepared and submitted by the Concessionaire or its Contractor, with respect to the traffic, traffic management, etc.
- Supervise the works on random sample basis and to approve the materials and workmanship of the works.
- Quality Assurance Works.
- Issuance of payment Certificate.
- Coordination with Employer, Contractors.
- Monthly and Quarterly Progress Report.
- Approval of Variation Orders.
- Issuance of payment Certificate
- Adherence to Construction performance standards.
- Monitoring and Inspection Construction Activities/programme.
- Approval in Extension of Contraction Period.