Infrastructure Works – DHA
Development Of Sewerage, Roads & Integrated Storm Water Drainage Network In Pakistan Defence Officer Housing Authority US$ 50 Million
Name of Client:
Pakistan Defence Officers Housing Authority
Detailed narrative description of the project:
Pakistan Defence Officers Housing Authority (PDOHA), Karachi commissioned TCI to Implement a Master Plan for the Sewerage and Drainage Disposal System of entire Defence Housing Society on fast track. The project area is spread over Phase-I to Phase-VII including all extensions. Development of a comprehensive Master Plan for the disposal system. Location: Phases I to VII of the DHA Township (Stage-I) spread over 2,834 Hectares in dense urban areas.
- 15 kms of 600 mm to 200 mm Dia Polyethylene & RCC Pipes for Waste Waster
- 1,000,000 Gallons Water Retention Reservoir (water retaining structure) in dense Urban Conditions
- 25 Kms of Main Trunk Drains of RCC Section 1.5 X 1.0 M
- 18 Kms of Interceptor Drains of RCC Section 0.6 X 1.0 M
- Upgradation of 4 nos. Sump Pump
- Six Outfall Drains
TCI was directed to implement the development Plan on fast track basis. The proposed drainage schemes were implemented before the 2008 monsoons. The plan was divided into two phases/components. The immediate action plan included selected proposals from already identified projects. It enabled DHA to take out and execute immediate/short term measures before onset of monsoons and mid / long term work subsequently.
Detailed description of actual services provided by the Company:
- Project GIS
- Survey, data Collection & investigation.
- Prepare Master Plan for Sewerage & Drainage System.
- Review of existing sewerage & drainage system
- Identification, reconfirmation of the out falls to included:-
(a) Additional survey/ investigation if required
(b) Integration with Main Trunk Drainage
(c) Detailed designs Specifications & BoQs & tender documents.
(d) Contractor selection and award of works.
- Rain Emergency Mitigation Measures
- Detailed Resident Supervision at all stages & site.