Forty years – TCI has been working on Water Resources- Irrigation, Flood Control and Agricultural Development Projects in Pakistan and also in the vast riverine areas of Bangladesh. Considerable experience and knowledge has been acquired on the technique of land planning, development and most economical utilization of water resources for Irrigation and Agriculture.
Very large Water Development, Flood Control and Irrigation Projects of over half-a-million acres have been completed using “State of Art Technology” with confidence, speed and in most economical manner. Mobilization of local resources and community/users participation on projects financed through international financing agencies such as IBRD has been considered as an essential requirement which have satisfactorily been addressed on such projects. Scarcity of water in arid zone requires that optimum use of water by trickle-irrigation/sprinkler system be carefully employed to maximize water use.
Flood plain Hydraulics, Water Shed Management, flood and Perennial Irrigation Schemes, Surface and Sub-Surface Hydraulic Systems Including Aquifer Recharge, Karazes, Canals, low-lift irrigation, mini and micro-dams, weirs, check dams etc. are some of the components on which TCI possesses considerable experience and expertise. Professional services can be rendered from the initial stage of pre-feasibility and screening Studies to Master Planning, Detailed Design, Tender Documentation and Construction Supervision with confidence to a high degree of technical excellence. Pre-investment studies, Detailed Technical and Socio-economic Feasibility Studies and Bankable Documents can be prepared on high acceptable international standards, Inter-alia, studies on Water Resources include Agricultural Soil Classifications and Characterization, Crop Consumptive Use Analysis, Cropping Pattern rotation, Preparation of Farm Budget and Marketing Strategies etc.
Major aspects include:
- Catchment and Command area Topography, Geo-morphology & Sub-surface Geology.
- Riverine Hydraulic & Current- Velocity Measurements.
- Rainfall & Runoff Studies Hydro-meteorology.
- Flood Control Protection and Flood Plains Management.
- Head-works, Weirs, Canals, Outlets and Appurtenant Works.
- Command Aarea Development and Water Distribution Network.
- Agricultural Input Optimization, Crops Studies, Water Demands, Cropping Pattern, Crop Rotation Practices, Fertilizers and Chemical Inputs, etc.
- Agriculture Marketing Strategies.
- Infra-Structure Works – Farm to Market Roads, etc.
- Institutional Development Works, Community Participation.
- Develop Farmers Organizations which would assist Plan, Construct, maintain and operate irrigation infrastructure, Potable water supply etc.